Every summer we offer research projects to a small number of undergraduate students. Examples include:
- Feyishayo Olukoya, who worked with Prof Alan Hood on numerical simulations of flux emergence which showed evidence of sunspot rotation..
- (The department also sent three students to Montana to complete various projects related to solar theory.)
- Daniel Gordon, who worked with Dr Vasilis Archontis on Emergence of a Twisted Flux Tube from the Solar Interior into the Corona.
- Carmen Graessle, who worked with Prof. Thomas Neukirch on Particle Orbits in Electro-Magnetic Fields.
- Juraj Sabol, who worked with Dr Karen Meyer on A Non-Linear Force-Free Field Model for the Quiet Sun Corona.