I have taught a wide range of courses at St Andrews (including being
Coordinator of both first and second year sub-honours courses)
and I introduced a new honours course on linear and nonlinear waves.
For many years I lectured at the research council PPARC's summer school for new
Also, for many years I was actively involved with the Open University,
being a course consultant, an examiner and a course tutor.
EXTERNAL EXAMINATION DUTIES:
- 1987-2011: Course Consultant, Examiner and Associate Lecturer for M Sc
Applied Complex Analysis, Open University, Milton Keynes.
INVITED SERIES OF LECTURES:
- 'Magnetic Flux Tubes', SERC Summer School, St Andrews (Sept 1990)
- 'Solar Plasma Physics' (4 hrs lectures), Austrian Winter School, Pichl (Feb 92)
- 'MHD Waves: A Variety of Phenomena' (1 hr) and 'Solar p-Modes and Magnetic Activity' (1 hr), Norwegian summer school, University of Oslo (June 1993)
- 'Waves in the Sun's Atmosphere' (11 hours of lectures over two weeks)
European summer school, Univ of Leuven, Belgium (Sept 1993)
- 'MHD Waves in the Solar Atmosphere' (4 hrs each yr), PPARC Postgraduate Course in Solar-Terrestrial Physics, Gregynog or Aberystwyth, Wales, Sept 1993, 94, 95, 96, 98, 99, 2000, 2001.