Aims: Workshop on MHD waves and seismology of the solar atmosphere
6 research groups from Belgium, UK, and Spain (hence BUKS):
- The Centre for Plasma Astrophysics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- The Solar Physics department (SIDC) of the Royal Observatory of Belgium
- The Solar Physics and Space Plasma Research Centre, University of Sheffield, UK
- The Solar and Magnetospheric Theory Group, University of St Andrews, UK
- The Centre for Fusion, Space and Astrophysics, University of Warwick, UK
- The Solar Physics Group, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Spain
have taken the initiative to organise a series of open and informal workshops on MHD waves and Seismology of
the Solar Atmosphere.
The aim is to exchange advanced results on observations, data analysis and theoretical and numerical modelling regarding
the seismology of
MHD waves in the solar atmosphere. During the workshops, the current open questions and required future
research directions will be discussed. Invited keynote speakers are selected from outside of the 6 core groups, thereby helping
to strengthen the
co-operative efforts in this area of research. All groups, active in this field, are warmly welcomed to attend.